Matt attended earlier today the panel for American Horror Story: Hotel at San Diego Comic-Con. He was joined by co-stars Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and creator Ryan Murphy for a very nice chat moderated by EW’s Tim Stack.
Some highlights from the panel:
– Lady Gaga wrote Murphy saying she wanted to be on the show and wanted to be evil. He accepted saying “Okay, you came to the right place.”
– Matt, who filmed a sex scene for Freak Show in his underwear, filmed his first scene for Hotel — also in his skivvies.
– Matt also said that he’s a huge fan of horror, and joining the cast is a dream coming true. “Who wouldn’t want to join AHS?”
– Murphy revealed everybody is ‘bad boy’ this year. “The fun thing about the show is I always want to write the opposite of the season before.”
– Speaking to a fan theory that all the seasons of American Horror Story are connected, Murphy said that characters from previous seasons will check into Hotel. Said Murphy, “Its part of a very connected universe with a very cool thesis statement at the end of the run.”
– As a final tease, the cast AHS: Hotel revealed their character names: Bomer as Donovan, Peters as Mr. March, Paulson as Hypodermic Sally and Bates as Iris.
And in a not Hotel connection curiosity, Matt was asked who is his favourite superhero. He mentioned Nightwing. Let all geeks gods makes it come true!
Check in our gallery the first images: